All examples are included in the "full" distribution. Please refer to the download section.
Most of the examples are available for running from the command line as well as in a Web application. Please refer to the running section. Web applications are supposed to run on a servlet engine. A lightweight servlet engine is supplied for running Web applications of the tutorial (if you want to use your own servlet engine, don't forget to supply the libraries expected). A lightweight relational database is also supplied for running SQL examples.
Feel free to change the examples with your own stuff ! It's the better way to understand and learn !
Understanding the active tags used in the examples
The reference of the active tags and other XML materials specified in here.is available
Running all the tutorials at once
This is done in the test suite thanks to , and for Web applications thanks to .
Download the full binary release, unzip reflex-0.4.0-full-bin.zip and run the examples from the reflex/ directory.
"Hello world", multiple publication with XSLT, DTD validation and XInclusion.
- Hello world !
- Publication with XSLT
- DTD validation and XInclusion
From SQL to MVC - tutorials
How to map an arbitrary complex SQL query to a made-to-measure XML document, and how to expose this query as a component of a MVC architecture usable both in batch scripts and Web applications.
- Description of the "purchase order" database
- First steps with SQL
- SQL to XML : complex mapping
- Component-based architecture (MVC)
How to perform an XML validation regarding a schema, how to express algorithmic rules and co-occurrence constraints in active schemas, how to design a semantic data type. Most things that can't be achieved with DTDs, Relax NG schemas, W3C XML Schema schemas, and sometimes neither Schematron are showned here : if you want more control on your XML documents, it is the right place...
- XML validation with Active Schema (co-occurrence constraint on table columns)
- Co-occurrence constraint on classification level
- Expressing algorithmics rules with Active Schema
- Playing with semantic datatypes and PSVI
Pipelines and filters - tutorials
How to convert a raw text file to XML with XPath or with a regular expression, how to use XPath patterns for filtering a big SAX source, how to design complex pipelines with dynamic redirections, how to redirect SAX events to a DOM subtree.
- Text to XML
- Parsing a multipart SOAP message with a regular expression
- Splitting a big SAX source to multiple XML chunks thanks to XPath-based filters
How to query a native XML database with XQuery, how to copy files to a native XML database. This tutorial doesn't intend to be an XQuery tutorial, but a tutorial for submitting XQuery queries within batch mode and within a Web application.
- Preparing the server
- Loading files in the XML database
- Querying the database with XQuery
- Running XQuery within a Web application
How to test programs that are dealing with XML datas : active sheets, stylesheets, or even Java programs. How to design a test case and how to build the report of a test suite. How to test the kinematic of Web applications : test the interactions between the UI and the server, act on server-side components such as objects stored in the user session.
- XUnit step by step
- WUnit quick start : testing a very basic Web application with forms, files to upload and a bit of AJAX
...this is what I'm working on.
The RefleX test suite also contains runnable examples that you can experiment yourself.